Is it possible to cook compote from rose hips? Of course you can, even need to! This berry has long been valued among the people for its healing and palatability. Red fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals. This drink is a universal doctor, helping to replenish vitamins during vitamin deficiency and cure other diseases. The expression "Seven troubles - one answer" is about a compote with rose hips.
Rosehip compote: what is the benefit of such a drink for adults and children
Rosehip compote, as mentioned earlier, is rich in vitamins, namely: C, B1 and 2, P, K, PP. Also, the composition of red fruits includes: organic acids and carotene.
What effect does the drink have on the body:
- strengthens the immune system:
- makes the walls of blood vessels stronger;
- improves the digestive tract;
- helps to remove deposits of toxins and toxins;
- tones up;
- useful for pregnant women;
- helps to lose weight.
Doctors recommend consuming a rosehip drink for:
- high blood pressure;
- liver diseases;
- diseases of the biliary tract;
- after treatment of jaundice;
- with diseases of acute respiratory viral infections and acute respiratory infections.
Despite all the usefulness, brewing and drinking such a drink is prohibited when:
- stomach ulcer;
- high acidity;
Rosehip compote (video)
How to make dried rosehip compote for the winter
- 600 gr dry berries;
- 800 gr. Sahara;
- 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick;
- 2 liters of water.
- Bring the water in a pan to a boil, cool to a warm temperature.
- We put 600 gr. dried rose hips, leave to insist for 10 hours.
- When the time for soaking has passed, we take out the berries, pour the water through cheesecloth.
- We cut the berries, remove the seeds from them.
- Using a grater, remove the zest from the orange, and from the pulp we survive the juice in a separate bowl.
- Filtered water in which the berries were soaked, put on fire, put cinnamon sticks, granulated sugar, and zest from orange in it. Bring to a boil.
- When the sugar has melted, put the peeled rose hips, and pour the orange juice.
- Remove the finished syrup from the heat, cool.
- We catch berries, arrange them in previously prepared clean jars.
- Put the chilled syrup on the fire again, when it boils, cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup into cans, cover with lids, sterilize in hot water for 10 minutes, roll up.
We send for storage in a cool place.
Fresh rosehip compote recipe for winter
- 1 kg of fresh berries;
- 2 tbsp. honey;
- 3 liters of water.
- My fresh berries, cut in half, clean the seeds, rinse again.
- Put in a pan, fill with water so that it covers the berries.
- We put on the fire, cook until the berries are completely softened.
- We take the berries out of the water, wipe them through a sieve.
- Add water to the pot with broth to get a volume of 2.5 liters.
- Grated berries are mixed with liquid honey, add to the broth. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- We pour the finished broth into clean, sterilized jars. Roll up, wrap up.
After cooling, we put it into storage.
Dog rose compote for baby
Rosehip - a berry useful for both adults and children. With this berry, a child can cook a lot of healthy goodies, including compote. But you must remember that this berry can provoke an allergic reaction. For this reason, they are introduced into lure no earlier than 7 months. Upon reaching 8 months of age, the child can take 100 ml / day of decoction. You can give infusions to a one-year-old, and after reaching 3 years, syrups are allowed.
Children's compote of rose hips
- 1 tbsp. fruits;
- 1 liter of water;
- 375 gr. Sahara.
- I wash the berry well, pour it into a thermos, pour boiling water. We insist 30 minutes.
- After the allotted time, pour the contents of the thermos into the pan, bring to a boil, sugar. Cook until sugar dissolves.
We filter, give the child in a cool form.
Stewed rose hips and berries for a child
- 1 tbsp. fresh rose hips;
- 1⁄2 Art. cherries;
- 1⁄2 Art. raspberries;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- We dry our cherries and raspberries.
- My dogrose berries, cut, peeled seeds.
- Bring the water to a boil, pour the berries, boil for 5 minutes.
- Mix sugar, boil for another 3-5 minutes. Studio, filter.
Rosehip compote with raisins for children
- 2 tbsp. l dry rose hips;
- 1 tbsp. l raisins;
- 1 liter of water.
- Grind the berries, pour 500 ml of boiling water, insist a quarter of an hour.
- Filter through cheesecloth.
- Rosehip cake is again poured with boiling water in the same amount, we insist another 15 minutes. We filter.
- We combine two decoctions, add raisins, boil for 3-5 minutes. Cool.
Rosehip compote with apples
- 3 fresh fruit presses;
- 3 apples
- 3 l of water;
- My berries, put in a pan, fill with water, send to the stove.
- When it boils, make the fire quieter, cook for a quarter of an hour.
- Preparation of apples: wash, cut into slices, take out the seeds.
- Add apples. Bring to a boil again, reduce heat, cook another 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- With the finished drink, mix sugar to taste, leave to insist.
Filter the chilled drink through cheesecloth and store in the refrigerator.
Dried rosehip and apple dried compote
- 400 gr. dried apples;
- 1 tbsp. dry berries;
- 2 l of water;
- honey / sugar.
- We wash the dried raw materials for compote with water from dust.
- Place in a pan, fill with hot water, bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes. Apples should soften.
- Remove from heat, put sugar or honey.
- Leave to brew. Filter the chilled drink. Keep in a cool place. If desired, you can add hawthorn berries to such a compote.
Rosehip compote: recipe with dried fruits
Several recipes for a delicious drink with rose hips have already been considered. It can also be cooked with a variety of dried fruits.
- 1⁄2 cup:
- dried apricots;
- dried pears;
- dry cherries;
- rose hips;
- 3 l of water;
- Dried fruits wash well with warm water.
- Pour the raw materials with warm boiled water, not hot, so that it covers the fruit by about 3 cm.
- Leave to soak overnight.
- The next morning we pour water into a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Pour boiling water overnight preparation, along with water.
- Bring to a boil, cook under the lid for 4 minutes. Dissolve the sugar.
Leave to insist, and then filter. Keep in the refrigerator.
Rosehip compote with dried fruits and pumpkin
- 1⁄2 Art. dry berries;
- 1 tbsp. mixture of dried fruits;
- 100-150 gr. pumpkin pulp;
- 1 stick of cinnamon;
- 1.5 liters of water.
- Peel the pulp of the pumpkin, cut it with medium cubes.
- Dried fruits with my warm water.
- Add sugar and berries to the pan with water.
- Bring to a boil, cook under the lid for 15 minutes.
- Next, add pumpkin pulp, dried fruits, cinnamon sticks.
- Cook for 20 minutes, the pumpkin should soften.
Remove the compote from the fire, insist. Filter the chilled drink.
How to cook rose hips for compote
Often people ask themselves: "How long does it take to cook a rose hip?" In fact, this berry does not need thorough heat treatment. It can be placed in a thermos, pour boiling water and insist during the night. If you do not trust this method of compote preparation, then we dry dry rosehips for 15-20 minutes, and fresh - for 5-10 minutes. It is important to remember that berries are placed only in boiling water, and after boiling for at least an hour, they are infused in order to give all their benefits to the broth.
Very tasty compote of rose hips in a slow cooker (video)
The red berry benefits a lot, and it’s easy to cook it. Depending on the purpose, the recipes for preparing rosehip drinks vary slightly, so keep proportions and be healthy.